Airport Parking Areas
Port Hedland International Airport provides visitors with both Short and Long term parking options. The parking areas provide 24 hour 7 day a week CCTV coverage, attendant patrols, lighting and safe pedestrian access to the Terminal.
Complementing the Airport's 2 minute drop-off/pick-up laneway directly in front of the Terminal, the Airport offers 20 minute free parking for those visitors that wish to spend a little bit more time farewelling their friends or family when they park in the Short Term Car Park.
For visitors planning on utilising the Airport Parking Areas for periods longer than 30 days, pre-authorisation from the Airport Authority is required.
It is prohibited to park in other areas of the Airport without authorisation and as such vehicles may be issued with an infringement notice.
A copy of the Airport's roadways and traffic restrictions can be viewed here
Airport Parking Fees
Effective from Monday 1 August 2016.
SHORT TERM Car Parking
|0 – 20 minutes||FREE|
|21 – 40 minutes||$ 3.00|
|41 minutes – 1 hour||$ 5.00|
|1–2 hours||$ 7.00|
|2–4 hours||$ 10.00|
|4–6 hours||$ 14.00|
|6 hours – 1 day||$ 25.00|
|Each day thereafter or part thereof||$ 25.00|
LONG TERM Car Parking
|Per day or part thereof day 1 to day 14||$ 17.00|
|Per day or part thereof day 15 to day 30||$ 12.00|
(charged per week/part thereof)
Lost Ticket Fees do apply
|All rates are inclusive of GST|
Using the car park
- At the car park entrance, press the button on the ticket dispenser to receive your parking ticket
- Keep your parking ticket on you, do not leave in car.
- When you wish to exit, take the ticket to the automatic pay station (located outside the Terminal).
- Insert your ticket into the pay station, you will be advised on the amount due for parking – if you have parked for less than 20 minutes no fee will apply.
- There is an option to pay by cash or credit card. Following payment, you will receive your ticket back with a receipt.
- Drive to the exit and insert your ticket into the exit station. The boom gate will lift and you can exit the car park.
- Note: there is an option to pay with credit card at the exit boom gate. The Airport encourages visitors to pay at the pay machines to avoid congestion.
A tax invoice/receipt is not automatically generated at the pay stations. If you require a tax invoice, please select the ‘Receipt’ button on the pay station after you have inserted your entry pass. A Tax Invoice will be generated for all credit card payments made at an exit gate.
Terms and Conditions
The use of the car park is subject to the conditions detailed below. Please ensure that you read and consider these conditions carefully before deciding whether to park in Airport Parking Areas. By entering and using the Airport Parking Areas, you agree to be bound by these conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions, please arrange for alternative transport to the Airport.
Vehicles are accepted for the purpose of parking only and persons may only enter and use the car park on the conditions detailed below.
Port Hedland International Airport Parking Area Conditions of Use (107.58 KB Wed Feb 28 14:49:03 2018)