Volunteers are being sought for Port Hedland International Airport’s emergency exercise on Saturday 20 July to act as injured and distressed passengers for their chance to win a $500 travel voucher.
Emergency field exercises are held on a bi-annual basis to test and train emergency response and recovery processes to ensure compliance with the airport’s emergency management plan.
CEO Mal Osborne said the Port Hedland International Airport was looking to recruit up to 80 volunteers for the day.
“We are looking for community members and budding actors to get involved and participate in the emergency scenario from 10am to 3.30pm on Saturday 20 July.
"It’s a unique day out – a chance to get involved in the community and help our emergency service agencies practice skills in preparation for a real life incident.
“The simulated incident could involve any number of aviation emergency scenarios such as an airplane crash, fire on a taxiway or hazardous material on board.
“Volunteers will be given roles to play on the day and could be made up with fake blood and mock-wounds to enhance the real life nature of the scenario.
“I really encourage people to get involved and participate – every volunteer will have a chance to win a $500 travel voucher simply by answering a few simple questions about the day.”
Volunteers need to register by 15 July via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 9140 1288.
- Participants will need to be in good health and over the age of 17
- Volunteers will be required to commit to the exercise for the entire period (10am to 3.30pm on Saturday 20 July)
- By answering a few simple questions on the day you will have a chance to win a $500 travel voucher
- Volunteers should wear old clothes (in case they get dirty or get make up on them) and enclosed shoes are a must due to safety requirements
- All participants will receive a souvenir pack (including a stubby cooler and hat) as a thank you for their participation
- Refreshments will be provided throughout the day and a thank you barbeque will be held following the exercise